Setting Up Your Cloud 9 Account
1. Request that the administrator of your Education account send you an invite.
2. Open the email you receive from support.c9.io.
3. Click the link in the email. Your default web browser will open the first page of the sign-up process.
4. Click Create new account. The second screen of the sign-up process appears.
5. Enter your real-life name. Or, if you prefer, put in a made-up name. If you choose a made-up name, make sure your Cloud9 administrator know what name you chose, since that's the name they'll see. Click Next.
6. Select a username. It can contain lower case letters and numbers, but not symbols or upper case letters. Click Next.
7. Specify that you're a student and that you're working on coursework. Click Next.
8. Click Next.
9. Mark the checkbox, and then perform the Completely Automated Public Turing Test To Tell Computers and Humans Apart (CAPTCHA) test. (Bonus points if you can tell one of your programming mentors what a Turing machine is!)
10. Click Join team.
11. Check your email for a message from Cloud9 with a link that enables you to set a password. While not doing this right away doesn't prevent you from using the service, your account will eventually be disabled if you haven't done this. So, take care of this right away to avoid problems later!
This is the end of this tutorial. Go back to the list of tutorials to move on to the next one.